The Actions section provides users with the ability to create, edit and view details in relation to Action, Resolution, Approval, and Notes, so they can keep projects on track.
To access Actions, click on the Actions tab within a project, program, or portfolio. Click + New Action to create a new Action, and to add an existing action click Add Existing Action.
Clicking + New Action brings up a Quick Create form with the most relevant fields. The form's Action Type field allows you to choose from several available types of actions.
Item Action Tab
The Action tab within an individual Action item provides several sections to capture additional details about an Action.
- Name: Provide a name for the action.
- Action Type: Choose either Action, Assumption, Decision, Dependency, Change, or Other.
- Action Requested: Enter the action requested.
- Assigned To: The list of available users to choose from in the Assigned To column is limited to those users given the BrightWork Team Member security role.
- Priority: Choose the priority level.
- Due Date: Choose the date the requested action is due.
- Action Status: Choose from among the available Status choices.
- Progress Indicator: Choose from among the available schedule related choices.
- Action Taken: Describe any actions taken.
- Date Actioned: Choose the date the action was taken.
- Approver: Enter the name of the person responsible for approving the action. The list of available users to choose from in the Approver column is limited to those users given the BrightWork Team Member security role.
- Approval Date: Enter the date the approval was given.
- Resolution Rating: Choose a star rating for the resolution.
- Notes: A place to capture notes about the action.
View, create, or upload documents associated with the action item. Documents will be saved in the project's SharePoint Online folder.
Click the Related tab to access the Audit History of the action item. The Audit History provides action item data change details including the change date, user who made the change, the changed field, and the old and new values.