Access BrightWork 365 Templates
Templates can be accessed by clicking into Admin Area | Templates and then selecting a template name.
Any configuration changes you make to templates will immediately be reflected in any projects that were previously created from the template.
The Details screen displays template overview information. If the template includes content from a previously created Content Template, the related Content Template will be noted. You can also view the number of Projects and Content Templates that use the selected template by clicking the calculate icon and then the Recalculate button.
Further down on the Details screen you can view the forms that are currently associated with the template, and by extension future projects that will be created from the template as well as any projects that were previously created from the template.
The Details screen allows you to configure the template to be available for use to create new projects in the Requests Area and/or the Projects Area for users who have permission to create projects.
The Details screen also allows configuration of Request Reference Type and Project Reference Type:
- If the Reference Type is set to Manual, the hidden Request Number and Project Number columns appear on the request and/or project forms. The text entered into this column takes the place of the standard Autonumber column. When a project is created from a request, the Request Number is passed to the Project Number column.
- If the Reference Type is set to Automated, the standard Autonumber column is displayed. The Autonumber reference column takes the form of Req-001121 or Proj-001121.
- Note: The Autonumber reference is always applied and incremented in a request or a project, regardless of the option selected in the Template. New Content Templates will also increment the number.
- If the Reference Type changes in the template, a flow will run to update the Reference Type in the Requests and Projects that use the template.
- If the template changes in a request or a project, a workflow will run to update the Reference Type.
The Projects tab provides information about the projects that were created from the selected template.
The Content Templates tab displays any content templates that use the selected template.